Are you looking for an outdoor dog bed?
A bed that can withstand any weather conditions?
An easy-to-clean, well-made bed that won’t rust, rot, or fall to pieces?
One that won’t cost you a small fortune but will still be a good quality bed for your dog to sleep in?
If yes is the answer, then you are in the right place.
In this post, we will share with your our in-depth reviews of the best outdoor beds for dogs.
The Best Outdoor Dog Beds at a Glance
If you are in a rush, check out this time-saving chart. Just click on the images or links to find out prices and more delivery information.
Click for prices
|Kuranda Chewproof Aluminum Indoor/Outdoor Dog Bed (Heavy Duty Vinyl Fabric). Check prices...
|SUPERJARE Portable Outdoor Elevated Pet Be with Canopy. Check prices...
|K&H Original Bolster Elevated Pet Bed for Dogs. Check prices...
|Veehoo Elevated Waterproof Dog Bed for Outdoor Use. Check prices...
|The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo. Check prices...
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.
A Review of the Best Dog Bed for Outdoors In-Depth
Next, we will examine each of our top five recommended outdoor dog beds in close-up detail to help you find the perfect choice for your pet pooch.
Kuranda Chewproof Aluminum Indoor/Outdoor Dog Bed
Of all the outdoor dog beds that we reviewed for this article, by far, the most impressive was this elevated bed from Kuranda.
Why did we like it so much? What is so special about this bed?
Let’s look at the details and find out:
- This dog bed is elevated, which is important for a few reasons. It keeps your dog cool in hot weather, it supports their body well up off the floor (no painful pressure points), and it keeps your dog (and their bedding) away from any damp, dirt, bugs, etc.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum, which can safely support up to 250lbs bodyweight.
- The sleeping section is made from high-quality, durable, heavy-duty 40oz solid vinyl fabric.
- This sturdy design and build quality mean the bed is chew-proof and made to last.
- It is also very easy to clean, and the bed is guaranteed to withstand repeated cleaning without falling to pieces (like some cheaper beds do).
- This bed is available to buy in lots of size options, from Mini to Extra large, so it is suitable for all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- You can buy in five different colors, this probably doesn’t really matter too much for outdoor dog beds, but maybe your dog has a favorite color!
- Kuranda sells this bed with a one-year warranty.
- It does not come with a cover or canopy. So you would need to put it somewhere with shade and shelter to protect your dog from the weather.
Here is a really quick video of the Kuranda Elevated Dog Bed from the manufacturers to give you an idea of how it looks in real life:
SUPERJARE Outdoor Elevated Pet Bed with Canopy
If you want a canopy to keep your dog protected from the sun and give them some shade, this outdoor dog bed from SUPERJARE Pet Beds is our top recommendation.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons and see if it is right for your pet dog:
- This is another elevated dog bed with the same benefits as before. It keeps your dog cool, supported, and away from the dirt and bugs when used outside.
- This outdoor bed is made from a steel frame and a cot section that is made of sturdy, durable 1680D Oxford fabric.
- It has a high-quality, breathable mesh section to allow more air circulation around your dog’s body.
- The bed is lightweight and easy to assemble (no tools are needed), so you can take it camping or to the beach to make sure your dog always somewhere comfy to relax and take a nap.
- It is easy to clean the polyethylene fabric. Just wipe it down with a cloth and some warm soapy water.
- You can purchase this dog bed in two sizes Large (36″L x 30″W x 35.5″H) or X Large (48″L x 36″W x 43.2″H).
- The canopy is not waterproof, so you shouldn’t expect it to protect your dog from rain.
- The maximum weight limit is 100lbs, so this pet bed is not suitable for larger dogs.
K&H Original Bolster Elevated Pet Bed for Dogs
This is another great outdoor dog bed, made by K&H Pet Products, with bolsters for extra canine comfort.
- K&H Pet Products are a well-known and respected brand of dog bed manufacturers.
- This option is an elevated dog bed with bolster cushions and cot style sleeping platform.
- The raised sleeping area is made with mesh fabric for increased circulation around your dog’s body (great for hot weather).
- It holds up to 200lbs, so it is great for small, medium, and large dogs.
- The cover for the bed and the bolster are removable and machine washable.
- It can be used indoors or outdoors.
- This outdoor dog bed comes in three size options Small (17″ x 22″ x 7″), Medium (25″ x 32″ x 7″), Large (30″ x 42″ x 7″).
- K&H Pet Products off this outdoor bed with a one-year manufacture’s warranty.
- If your dog is a destructive chewer, the bolsters might be tempting for them and could easily be chewed to destruction.
Veehoo Elevated Waterproof Dog Bed for Outdoor Use
- This elevated dog bed is made from a powder-coated steel frame and a durable textilene fabric sleeping area with some non-skid rubber feet.
- The sleeping area also has a section of breathable mesh fabric that allows cool air to circulate while your dog lies on the bed.
- It is easy to assemble with no tools necessary.
- This outdoor dog bed can be purchased in four different sizes, Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large.
- You can also choose from eight different colors.
- It can hold up to 150lbs of body weight, which is fine for small, medium, and large dogs but no good for the really larger dog breeds.
The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo
- The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo is a great no-frills bed for outdoor use.
- It comes in three sizes, Small, Medium, and Large.
- You can also choose from six different colors.
- As with all elevated dog beds, you get the benefits of increased airflow, lifting the dog off the floor, and more joint support.
- The bed’s sleeping area is made from a breathable high-density polyethylene material that helps eliminate hot spots.
- The frame is made of lightweight, strong, powder-coated steel tubing.
- It is resistant to flea, mold, and mildew.
- The Coolaro outdoor dog bed is really easy to clean. Just wash it down with a hosepipe.
- This bed is eco-friendly, made from 100% recyclable (lead and phthalate-free) materials for a healthier environment.
- The main downside to this bed is that the largest option only has a max weight limit of 100lbs so that it won’t be any good for the bigger, heavier breeds.
Dog Beds for Outdoor Use A Buying Guide
Over the years of reviewing beds for dogs, looking at all the different brands, we have become experts at noticing what does and doesn’t matter.
What are the most important things you need to look for on your hunt for the best outdoor dog bed for your pooch?
Check out this shortlist and then scroll down for more detailed explanations;
- What is the frame and sleeping area of the dog bed made of?
- Is the fabric section of the outdoor bed breathable?
- Does it come with any type of warranty or guarantee?
- How easy is it to clean?
- What sizes and dimensions does it come in?
- What is the maximum weight limit?
- How portable is it? Does it need tools for assembly?
- Does it come with a canopy?
What is the frame and sleeping area of the dog bed made of? For outdoor use, you really need to ensure that the bed can withstand the weather and be knocked about more than it would in your home.
So the sleeping section of the bed should be made of strong, thick fabric, and the frame should be made of either aluminum or painted steel tubing.
Is the fabric section breathable? One of the benefits of a raised bed is air circulation, and this benefit is much more pronounced if the fabric on the sleeping area is breathable.
Does it come with any type of warranty or guarantee? This is a no-brainer; the warranty implies that the manufacturers stand by the bed’s quality, and you get peace of mind knowing you can ask for a replacement or money back if anything goes wrong.
How easy is it to clean? Outdoor dog beds tend to get really dirty, really quickly, so the bed you buy should easy to clean and maintain.
What sizes and dimensions does it come in? It would help if you obviously had a big enough bed for your pup. In fact, we always suggest buying one that is slightly bigger than you think the dog needs. This gives them plenty of room to stretch out if they want.
What is the maximum weight limit? If you own a large, heavy dog or want more than one dog to sleep on the same bed, make sure it can handle all that weight.
How portable is it? Does it need tools for assembly? If you plan on taking the dog bed with you when you go on and trips and adventures, you want it to be portable and straightforward to assemble and disassemble.
Does it come with a canopy? Not many do, but if you really need the shade for your dog, then keep an eye out for beds with a built-in canopy to keep the pup cool.
Review of Outdoor Dog Beds Conclusion
To wrap up the review section of this post for outdoor use, we think that the very best dog bed is the Kuranda.
If you want to check prices before you buy, please click on this link…
Are Elevated Dog Beds Better for Outdoors? If So, Why?
In pretty much all cases using a dog bed with an elevated platform will be the best outdoor bed for your pet dogs.
Let’s look at the reasons why something as simple and elevation can make such a big difference for pet owners:
- Increased Air Circulation During Hot Weather to Help Cool Your Pup
- Increased Air Circulation for Hygiene
- Less Chance of Fleas or Other Bugs Getting to Your Dog
- Your Dog is Raised Up Off the Cold, Hard, Damp Floor
- They are (Usually) Very Portable
- Dog beds with Cot Style Designs are Usually Very Easy to Clean.
Increased Air Circulation for Your Dog During Hot Weather
If you live in an area that gets really hot during Summertime and your dog sleeps on outdoor dog beds, they get a great benefit of increased airflow.
Because there is a gap air between the sleeping area and the floor, a breeze can cool your dog’s body and reduce the chance of hot spots building up.
Increased Air Circulation for Hygiene
Not only does more air circulation help with temperature control, but it also helps with hygiene, which is especially important with outdoor dog beds.
With the dog and the sleeping platform raised off the ground, there is much less chance of a build-up of mold, mildew (and other nasty things) from occurring.
Less Chance of Fleas or Other Bugs Getting to Your Dog
Fleas and some other bugs can only jump so high. If the dog is sleeping above that height, the fleas can’t get to them.
Your Dog is Raised Up Off the Cold, Hard, Damp Floor
For your dog’s comfort and joint health, their body weight, and, in particular, their joints must be fully supported up off the ground.
This reduces the chances of your pooch developing joint problems occurring and also reduces the symptoms of any pre-existing conditions that your dog may have.
These Beds Are (Usually) Very Portable and Make a Great Travel Bed
Often they are designed and made to be really easy to move around. This means they are great as a travel dog bed for taking with your pup when you go camping, take a trip to the beach, or staying over with loved ones.
Dog Beds with Cot Style Designs are Usually Very Easy to Clean
As you will see with all of the brands and models we have reviewed on this page, the typical design for an outdoor dog bed is a tough canvas sleeping area and a framework made of steel or aluminum tubing.
This makes it really easy for dog owners to clean the bed, simply blast it off with a hosepipe or scrub it with some warm, soapy water and then rinse off. Nice and easy!
So hopefully, this review of the best outdoor dog beds will help you find the best pet product for your beloved pet pup. Thanks for stopping by!