Hello there, and welcome to Pupster Passion. Our single main priority for this site is to help as many people (and their pet dogs) as possible to live a happy, healthy life together.
So thank you for paying us a visit. We are delighted to have you here.
We write a lot about all sorts of doggy related topics from puppy nutrition to dog training and obedience methods and principles.
Table of Contents
- Looking for a Bed Built for Two Dogs to Sleep On?
- Are Two Dogs Sleeping Together Ok for my Puppies?
- Can Two Dogs Sleep In One Crate?
- How Do I Make My Two Dogs Sleep Together In The Same Bed?
- Super-Cute Video of Two Dogs in One Bed
Looking for a Bed Built for Two Dogs to Sleep On?
In a closely related post to this one, we looked at the best dog beds for two dogs.
So, if you are lucky enough to own two dogs already and they happen to love sleeping together.
You can read more on this post to help you find a dog bed big enough for two.
Now let’s take a look at the topic at hand…
Are Two Dogs Sleeping Together Ok for my Puppies?
Yes, as a general rule, it is actually healthier for your dogs to sleep in the same bed, assuming they enjoy doing so.
There are a few exceptions to the rule, where it might not bed the best idea, such as:
- If one of your dogs is sick or disabled.
- If one dog is much older than the other.
- If your dogs occasionally fight or show aggression to each other.
- If one dog is much, much bigger than the other.
But even if one or more of these factors is the case.
It is still possible that your dogs will be fine in one large dog bed. You just need to be a bit more careful about it.
Can Two Dogs Sleep In One Crate?
Yes, it is totally fine for most dogs to sleep two in one crate. In fact, it is probably much better for them.
There are some exceptions, the same as for beds, that we listed above, but apart from that, your dogs should be fine sleeping in the same crate.
(Check out this post if you want some advice on walking two dogs at the same time).
How Do I Make My Two Dogs Sleep Together In The Same Bed?
If your dogs currently sleep separately and you would like them to sleep together, there isn’t a huge amount you can do about it.
But there are a few little tricks that might help:
- Buy a nice big comfy double dog bed for two dogs.
- Feed them both treats and give them pets on the bed at the same time.
- Store their favorite toys and blankets on there when they are not using them.
- Try leaving them in a room with no other bed and just see what happens.
- Let nature take its course. Just be patient, don’t give up, and that’s the best you can do.
Super-Cute Video of Two Dogs in One Bed
We couldn’t resist sharing this adorable video of two young dogs before we finish this post.
They each have their own bed, but they are such good buddies they prefer to both squeeze into one of them!