Since the internet exploded, hundreds of new pet product manufacturing companies and brands have appeared and started to build reputations (good and bad) online.
We keep a very close eye on the new bed market and started to hear dog owners talking about Treat a Dog Beds, so we decided to do some digging and see what we thought of them.
So if you are looking for a review of the Treat a Dog bed for Dogs, you are in the right place.
Let’s take a close up look at their most popular product, the Pup Rug Orthopedic:
Review of the Treat a Dog Pup Rug Orthopedic Dog Bed
- This bed for pet dogs is a memory foam, orthopedic mattress lined with a faux fur cover.
- The cover is removable, and washing machine washable.
- The memory foam orthopedic mattress supports your dog’s joints, keeping them well up off the hard floor and getting rid of any uncomfortable pressure points.
- In between the faux fur cover and the memory foam is waterproof lining to stop any leakages from getting back into the mattress.
- You can buy this bed in two different styles Curve or Rectangle.
- Then each style comes in three sizes.
- Curve White Small/Medium – 40” L x 25” W, Large/Extra Large – 50” L x 30” W, Giant – 60” L x 35” W
- Rectangle Gray Small/Medium – 40” L x 30” W, Large/Extra Large – 50” L x 35” W, Giant – 60” L x 40” W
- So we think that it is perfect for all dog breeds, from the tiny ones right up to the massive breeds.
- The design of this pet bed with the faux fur cover and the flat shape makes it look more like a sheepskin rug than a bed, and it’s perfect for stylish homes, where decor matters.
- The memory foam mattress is only about 1.5 inches thick. We feel this isn’t suitable for heavier dogs; ideally, we would like to see them offer the same bed but with three inches of foam support for the larger breeds.
- We read many customer reviews in social media groups about this bed and the company’s customer service. The reviews were mixed, so we are not sure what to make of it.
- We would definitely suggest that whichever site you are thinking of buying it from, you read reviews from other dog owners that have bought it to see what they have to say about it.
If you are not sure whether this is the best dog bed for your pooch, we can really recommend you check out the PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed on this link. It is an excellent bed, and we are delighted to recommend it.
Is it Worth the Money?
It is not really up to us to say whether or not the Treat a Dog Pup Rug Dog Bed is worth the money.
Some customers clearly love it, while others are not so impressed, as always we suggest doing your research before you hit that buy now button!
If you are not sure, click here to see our favorite orthopedic bed for dogs.
Bed Buying Tips
What should you be on the lookout for when shopping around?
What features are the most important to look out for?
- It should be really easy to clean. Ideally, either the whole bed or the removable cover should be washing machine proof.
- It should have a waterproof liner or cover. Accidents happen, and you do not want any urine soaking its way into the bedding’s memory foam mattress section.
- The mattress should be orthopedic. This means that it is firm enough to support the dog’s body weight without creating any unpleasant pressure points.
Do You Need to Clean (or Replace) Your Pet Beds?
WOW. We watched this video and were blown away by how much cleaner he got this dog’s bed.
It is weirdly pleasurable to watch him work (the cool kids call this sort of thing ASMR), and it really shows you how much grime can build up in a pet bed.
After watching this, you might decide to either wash or even replace your dog favorite beds!