As a dog owner, most of the time, you get to enjoy all the good things about owning a dog, the fun, the play, the laughter, and the love they give.
But we also have to take care of them and their needs, and one of these jobs is cutting a dog’s nails.
It is actually a really quick and easy thing to do, but it can also be a bit scary because of fears of cutting the quick of the dog’s nail.
The quick is the very sensitive core of the nail.If you cut it with a clipper, it will cause the dog pain and make them bleed.
NOTE – In our opinion, the best and safest way to trim your dog’s nails is by using a specially designed, professional nail grinder for pet dogs.
This can then cause them to limp until it heals, and you also put them at risk of infection.
What is even more difficult is that for dogs with dark or black nails, finding the quick is much harder as the nail is less see-through.
So, the idea of dog nail clippers that can help you find the quick is a great idea.
But do they actually work, and can you trust them with your dog’s super-sensitive paws?
In the post, we will share a review of quick finder nail clippers looking at three options and evaluating how effective they each are.
First, we have a quick comparison chart, and after that, we have written more detailed reviews. Let’s get started…
A Quick Review of Quick Finder Nail Clippers for Dogs
|WALKINN WITH LOOKUT Dog Nail Clippers with Guide Light. Check prices...|
|BOSHEL Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer with Safety Guard to Avoid Over-Cutting Nails. Check prices...|
|Miraclecorp Pet Products Quick Finder Nail Clipper. Check prices...|
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.|
Quick Finder Nail Clippers for Dogs in Depth Reviews
Okay, so next up, we will take each of these three products and weigh up each one’s pros and cons.
We will focus on two questions.
How good are they at helping you to find the quick?
How good are they at clipping dogs’ nails?
Let’s find out…
WALKING WITH LOOKOUT Clippers with Guide Light | Pupster Passion Review:
This is a really cool idea, and the company that came up with it have got patents or patents pending on the design in a lot of countries.
- These clippers have a built-in LED light, which helps you to see exactly where to make the cut. You can easily find and miss the quick.
- They also have a manual grinder to take any rough edges off the dog’s nail after it has been clipped.
- There is a nail trapper that catches the trimmings and a snack holder so you can give your dog treat just before you start cutting.
- It comes with batteries included.
- After reading feedback and reviews on dog owners’ forums, some people said they couldn’t get this method to work. This is probably an issue of skill rather than a problem with the tool.
- Some dog owners report that it is hard to figure out how to get the batteries in correctly, but we feel this is a minor concern, and it may just be that those people aren’t reading the instructions properly.
BOSHEL Dog Nail Clippers with Safety Guard to Avoid Over-Cutting Nails | Pupster Passion Review:
A simple, effective, mechanical design with very little that can go wrong, let’s have a closer look.
- These BOSHEL Dog Nail Clippers have a very simple but clever way of stopping the quick from being cut.
- There is a metal safety stop, which means you can only get so much of the nail into the clippers.
- They are also really well built, made from very high quality 3.5 mm thick stainless steel blades that mean you only need a single cut to get through all of the nail.
- They come with a free mini nail file, so you can smooth down any sharp edges once you have cut the nails.
- The clippers have user-friendly, ergonomically designed non-slip handles.
- Some reviews (on the forums) from dog owners suggest that they might be a bit too big for tiny dogs.
Miraclecorp Quick Finder Nail Clipper | Pupster Passion Review:
Built with an electronic quick finder, these are a high-tech option but are they worth your hard-earned cash?
- The Miraclecorp Quick Finder Dog Nail Clippers have a sensor and an LED warning system that tells you when it is safe to cut the nail.
- If you follow the instructions and the warning light system, this should prevent you from hitting the quick.
- The nails are cut with a guillotine-style cutting action.
- Forum and social media reviews from other dog owners are really mixed on these. Some say they work great and are really happy with them.
- But others say that either they can’t find the quick with these clippers or that the clippers are too blunt.
- As always, with mixed ratings, it is hard to know whether the fault lies with the users or the product, but the chances are that these are probably not the best option when compared with the others on this page.
Ok, that is it for this post. Thanks for taking the time to visit this site, and we hope it helps you find the best clippers for your pets.