Hello, there dog lover.
Welcome to PupsterPassion.com, the website, and blog dedicated to helping dogs and their owners live their best lives.
In this post, we are going to look at the subject of owning more than one dog.
What is it like having two pets dogs?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of living with lots of dogs?
Before we look at these questions in detail, if you already own a pair of dogs or plan on getting another dog soon.
We think you will really like this post reviewing the best dog beds for two dogs.
If you like the idea of your puppies sharing the same double bed, check it out on this link if you need a double-dog bed.
Not let’s look into the possibility of having more than one dog in your family home.
What are the Benefits Of Having More Than One Dog?
First, we will look at the benefits of getting a second dog, and yes, there are lots of them!
- With another dog, you get twice as much love, cuddles, playing, and snuggles.
- You have twice as many reasons to get outside, get some exercise, and take your pets for good long walks.
- Your dogs can keep each other occupied when you are busy or away from home.
- Your dogs can learn from each other. If one of the dogs picks something up easily, the other dog will copy it.
- You will have two guard dogs to keep an eye on you, your home, and your loved one.
- You will never be bored or lonely if you own two dogs.
Now, I don’t know about you, but to me, that seems like a pretty compelling list!
But it’s not all benefits there are some downsides as well, let’s take a look…
What are the Disadvantages of Owning Two or More Dogs?
- Owning more dogs costs more money. Vets bills, food, toys, beds, and other accessories, it all adds up.
- You don’t have twice as much work, but you do have more work than with just one.
- More dog hairs to fill your home!
- You might have to deal with aggression between the two pet pups, especially when you first get the second dog.
Hopefully, this second list will give you some pause for thought. We do not want to put you off.
But we do want you to think very carefully about owning more than one dog.
What Do You Need to Consider When Owning More Than One Dog?
So, if you are thinking of getting more dogs, what do you need to think about?
- The cost. Vets, food, toys, etc. Can you afford all the extra expenses?
- Aggression and territorial issues. Will your current dog be ok with a new canine companion? Could it cause major issues?
- Do you have the time? Do you have the time to care for more than one dog properly?
- Do you have room? Do you have room in your home for two dogs, two dog beds (or one double dog bed), the food bowls, the toys, etc.?
- Is it likely that they will get along well together?
- How is your current dog with other dogs? Would you expect them to be ok with the new dog?
It is not our job to tell you whether you should or shouldn’t own as many dogs as you think you can care for properly.
But we do feel it is our job to encourage you to think through the benefits and the disadvantages carefully before you make up your mind about owning multiple dogs.
What is it Like Owning Lots of Pet Dogs?
Check out this super cute video to see what life is like with lots of dogs.
This lady has fourteen dogs, including a pair of super cute pug puppies.
That is the end of the post, so thanks to you for taking the time to visit our website.
We really hope that the advice we have shared will help you decide whether or not to get a second dog.
As long as you make sure, you think it all through very carefully. Then we are sure you will make the best decision for you and your human and canine family.
Then we think you will agree that two dogs are better than one, and getting a second dog could be the best thing you ever did!