If you have ever owned a light-colored pet, you know what happens to the face. The beard and the fur underneath the eyes get severely stained.
Over the years, my mother has had three poodles.
One was chocolate brown, so he never had the dirty face problem. But the first one was white, and the last one was apricot.
Boy, oh boy, was that a constant dilemma keeping them clean. It would have been so much handier to have had a dog beard cleanser.
It didn’t matter how hard you tried. It was impossible to wash the facial fur.
Of course, the eyes are very sensitive, so you have to be really careful with what products you use, but even on the chin, where it should have been easy to soak with water and soap, it never got back to the white or apricot colors.
Dog groomers seem to get them clean when they go for shampooing and trimming, but they won’t disclose their secrets.
That’s okay because we have found some products that will do the trick!
Table of Contents
- No Bleach! No Peroxide! Daily Regimen Dog Beard Cleanser
- Natural Extracts Dog Beard Cleanser Whitener No Paraben No Toxins
- Soothing Non-Irritating Oatmeal Blueberry Vanilla Dog Beard Cleanser Soap Free
- No Rinsing Needed Dog Beard and Face Cleanser
- Wash Eyes and Mouth with Dog Beard Tear Face Cleanser Animal Cruelty-Free
- Quick List of Dogs That Typically Need Beard Cleanser
No Bleach! No Peroxide! Daily Regimen Dog Beard Cleanser
- KISSABLE, STAIN-FREE FACE: Eye Envy Beard Stain Remover Spray is designed with a perfect blend of all natural ingredients to eliminate stains on your…
- CLEAN AND ODOR FREE: Contains a natural cleanser/odor remover and Colloidal Silver, to help control the cause of the staining around the mouth.
- USE WITH FACIAL CLEANER: For best results, use the Eye Envy Beard Stain Remover Spray with the Eye Envy Tear Stain Facial Cleanser. The Facial…
It’s essential to avoid the tendency to use bleach on a dog. It is highly toxic and quite dangerous not only to smell, but the skin will become burned. That’s why it is important to check the ingredients in any product you buy.
This one is made from all-natural botanicals, meaning it is made from plants.
You start by spraying the stains every day. Then when they are gone, you can keep up by applying weekly. Other users have said that it even removed the stains from mud on the paws and lower legs.
Natural Extracts Dog Beard Cleanser Whitener No Paraben No Toxins
- 💦NO TOXIC DYES: Forget about dangerous, burning, toxic shampoos that hurt your pet’s skin, causing burns and itching. The Makondo Shampoo for…
- 🌱SAFEST NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Lemon fruit, tea tree oil, carrot, peppermint, Aloe Vera, Rosemary, sage; are only a part of this shampoo richness….
- 🌿 WHITENING AGENT: It is made to whiten your dog’s coat, in a pet-safe, harmless way, without causing the slightest discomfort, due to its rich…
This shampoo actually re-whitens the pet’s fur.
It is not a dye but uses plants, fruits, vegetables, and herbs to remove discolorations.
The ingredient list includes
- a disinfectant
- tea tree oil
- Aloe Vera (very soothing)
The company offers a full money-back satisfaction guarantee, which is nice to know they stand behind the shampoo.
Soothing Non-Irritating Oatmeal Blueberry Vanilla Dog Beard Cleanser Soap Free
- TEAR STAIN REMOVER – With regular use of our tearless dog shampoo facial treatment you’ll see tear stains fade and white fur brightened.
- SWEET BLUEBERRY & VANILLA – SPA’s blueberry face wash for dogs is a luxurious soap free formula with a rich vanilla scent that will leave your pet…
- FOR ALL BREEDS – Perfect tear stain remover for white dogs with long hair, but can also be used on pets with any fur color and coat type.
You only need a small amount of this product. Just a tiny dab on your finger or cloth.
It will take a couple of consecutive days’ wash to get the face or fur nice and clean, but it is worth the work.
Smells and stains go away.
Like some others have said, you can use a soft toothbrush to put it on and leave it soak for a few minutes.
No Rinsing Needed Dog Beard and Face Cleanser
- NO-RINSE FORMULA – For a quick & easy deep clean during those in-between days, rely on the berry & coconut no-rinse cat shampoo.
- FRESH & CLEAN – A cat dry shampoo with a gentle and tearless formula that will leave their coat with a berry fresh scent.
- FEEL-GOOD INGREDIENTS – Our mild berry & coconut cat shampoo is derived from natural ingredients such coconut and a botanical blend for a silky soft…
A delightful blend of blueberry and coconut, your pet will smell fresh and clean, plus it should work on those unsightly stains.
This company has a lovely line of fruit-infused shampoos.
Some customers have indicated that the dog doesn’t like the smell, but I know my dog loves coconut. I rub it on him, and he eats it regularly.
Wash Eyes and Mouth with Dog Beard Tear Face Cleanser Animal Cruelty-Free
- LIGHTEN EXISTING STAINS: Use our Tear Stain Remover to treat unsightly stains commonly seen around pet’s eyes and mouth. Our solution is gentle on…
- PREVENT NEW DISCOLORATION: Prevention is truly the most effective stain treatment. Use our solution regularly to prohibit build up from forming and…
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE QUALITY: Our Tear Stain Remover offers safe, professional, quality for dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, rabbits and horses with normal…
An unscented product, this might be better for pets with sensitive skin and allergies.
The company is family-owned and seeks safe alternatives to harsh chemicals.
The wash includes oils from lemongrass and lavender, as well as hydrogen peroxide.
They offer a full refund warranty to keep customers satisfied.
If you have other animals in your home or stable, it works on them, too.
It can be used on all areas of the dog, including the paws and tail.
Quick List of Dogs That Typically Need Beard Cleanser
- Bichon Frise
- Light-haired dogs