- Are you thinking about buying a Kong Harness for your pet dog?
- Would you like to read some reviews before you spend your hard-earned cash?
- Would you like to know the pros and cons of the most popular harness made by this brand?
- Do you want to find a good quality dog harness that is easy to use, and you can buy it at a fair price?
Great, then you are in the perfect place to get started.
In this post, we will answer all these questions and make sure you have all the information you need, to decide whether a harness from Kong is right for your dog.
IN A RUSH? The Kong Comfort Harness is an excellent product and we strongly recommend it for your dog. Click here to check prices on Amazon.com
The Kong Comfort Harness Review
The Kong Comfort Harness | Pupster Passion Rating
- The Harness is made with a padded chest plate and wide necking strap.
- This design means it works great as a no choke harness for dogs and their owners who struggle with their dog pulling on their normal leash and collar. The wide neck strap and chest panel padding takes all of the pressure away from the dog’s throat and neck area.
- The harness has one metal D-ring on the back of the harness to attach the leash to.
- It has four adjustment points for different dog body types. So you can get the harness to fit nice and securely on your dog or puppy.
- These Kong harnesses have a neoprene lined grab handle on the back of the dog. This handle is really useful if you need increased control over your dog. For example, if it is becoming too excited or aggressive.
- The padded handle is also handy if you need to pick up your pup, maybe to put them in the car or to pull them away from danger such as traffic or an aggressive dog.
- The harness handle can also be used to secure the dog in the back of your car. Just put the seatbelt through the handle and ensure it is clipped into the seatbelt buckle very securely.
- Easy to put on and off design with two-step through loops and two quick-release metal buckles.
- The dog harness comes in three sizes, Small, Medium, and Large, so it is suitable for all body shapes, ages, sizes, and dog breeds.
- The harness is machine washable, but it is recommended that you wash it by hand if you want it to last longer.
- It is available in four color schemes, Blue, Grey, Pink, and Red.
- It is made from durable nylon webbing, a metal leash attachment ring, metal buckles, and padded chest straps.
- This brand is a very well known and respected pet accessories company. They are most famous for their stuff-able Kong chew dog toys, but they also make lots of other cool dog and pet products.
- This is a great chest strap, training harness for training your dog not to choke itself when out walking or jogging.
- This Kong dog harness only has one place to clip on a leash. We would have preferred it if it had two. Ideally, one on the chest strap area and one near the traffic handle on the back of the harness.
- This harness for dogs does not come with any reflective trim or stitching. It would be great if it did, but you can easily fix this by using a reflective leash, high visibility tape, or stickers.
- This dog harness is not chew proof, so if your dog is a very destructive chewer, we recommend hiding the Kong harness from your dog when it is not being used (living with a dog that loves to chew is never easy!).
- The harness has not been crash-tested, so while it should be totally safe for use as a dog seat belt (and certainly better than nothing), it is not tested to the same level as children’s car safety seat.
(Please note that you can click here for a much broader dog harness review of the top products on the market).
A Quick Conclusion to this Harness Review
We really like Kong harnesses for dogs. We like the design, the style, the functionality, the adjustment options, and the colors.
The loop handle on the back of the harness is really useful, and the chest strap design will be great for walking or jogging with your dog. Overall this is a great everyday dog harness.
The wide-open neck strap means your pooch will never choke itself.
We also think that buying from a reputable brand of pet products manufacturer makes sense. Kong’s other dog products are great, and so (in our opinion) is this harness.
Before you buy, we would advise you to take the time to get the right size for your dog.
Measure the dog carefully and then double-check this against the sellers fitting instructions and guidelines.
If in any doubt, double-check to save yourself the hassle of returning the product if you get the size wrong.
Some Great Time-Saving Harness Advice for Dog Owners
This video from an expert top dog trainer gives some great advice about how to put on a dog harness as easily as possible.
As anyone who has ever tried putting dog harnesses on to dogs, it can often be more complicated than you would first imagine.
Some dogs are very easy to work with, but others really resist putting on the harness, and that is where advice from a canine training expert can come in really useful.
They do not use a Kong harness in the video but use a very similar style with loops for the front legs.
So it is close enough to give you an excellent idea of how to put the harness on your dog as easily as possible and without getting all tangled up!
The other important factor to consider is not just getting it on your pup but also making sure it is a perfect fit so that it is both comfortable and secure enough to make sure he or she can’t escape from it!
Thanks for stopping by to read this review Kong harnesses page of our little site for dogs and their owners.
When we do a product review, we really do our best to help you get the best product for your dog while saving you time and money in the process.
So we are always very appreciative of anyone who stops by and takes the time to read any of our reviews and articles.
Thanks for being awesome, and thanks for loving and caring for your pet dog!
The Pupster Passion USA Blogging Team