Casper is a well-known mattress, pillow, and bed manufacturer.
They also make beds for dogs, which is why in this post, we are going to share our Casper Dog bed review to let you know what we think of it.
Dogs spend a lot of time in their beds. So it is essential to invest in a dog bed that will give them a good quality night’s sleep and gives you value for money.
So is the Casper Dog Bed any good? Is it worth the money? Is it right for your dog?
Let’s take a closer look and help you to make sure you get the best dog best for your pet…
Casper Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog for Beds
- The Casper dog bed has a mattress made from orthopedic memory foam. This memory foam means that your dog’s body (and most importantly, their joints) is fully supported well up off the hard floor. This support protects the dog’s joints and allows your pet to sleep with no painful pressure points.
- All four edges of the bed have bolster cushions made of support foam. These provide support for your dog’s head as they stretch out and relax.
- The bolster design also helps to give the dog a sense of snugness and security (similar to a little den or like when you wrap yourself up in a duvet).
- The bed cover is made from a microfiber blended material that dog fur can’t penetrate.
- The cover is water-resistant (stops slobber, etc.). It is also scratch and digging resistant (it has extra material, so your dog feels like it is digging a den).
- The Casper bed cover is removable, easy to clean, machine washable, and stains can be spot cleaned using an enzyme-based spot cleaner and a damp cloth.
- The Casper dog bed comes in three sizes. Small (suitable for pet dogs up to 30 lbs)26″ x 19″ x 6″, Medium (suitable for pet dogs up to 60lbs)33″ x 25″ x 6″ or Large (suitable for pet dogs up to 90lbs)45″ x 35″ x 7″.
- The zippers on the bed cover are hidden inside the fabric so they won’t scratch your furniture and will not tempt your dog into chewing them.
- You can choose from three stylish color options, Blue, Grey, or Sand (we think Sand is the nicest of the three).
- This bed had been designed by the same engineering team that makes their human beds but specifically made for your dog’s needs. They actually spent hundreds of hours carrying out laboratory testing to ensure that the bed was right before releasing it to be sold.
- The Casper Dog Bed comes with a one-year limited warranty. You can also buy replacement covers if yours become damaged or stained.
- The bed and covers are all made in the USA.
If this sounds good and you would like to find out more or buy a Casper Dog bed, please click here.
- This dog bed from Casper is not suitable for very heavy or very large dog breeds. We hope that they will release Extra Large and XX-large sizes for breeds such as Great Danes, Irish Wolfhounds, and the larger Mastiffs in the future.
- It is not clear how chew-proof this bed is. Casper says that the dog’s bed cover is made from super-strong fabric, but then again, dog’s teeth are pretty tough! So in our opinion, if your dog’s bed usually ends up getting chew to pieces, then we think you might need to look at some options. You can see all our reviews of the best high-quality beds for pet dogs here.
So the conclusion to our Casper Dog Bed Review is that unless you own a very large or very dog, this dog bed is an excellent choice.
We looked at lots of different, popular social media platforms and dog owners forums during our research for this article.
We read dozens and dozens of customer reviews. The large majority of them were really positive, no brand ever has perfect feedback, but on average, we feel that Casper’s is excellent.
We also contacted their customer service team and asked them some questions as part of our research (we had some questions such as do they sell replacement covers for the pet bed).
The customer service we received was high quality, friendly, responsive, and helpful, so they get more points for that.
This dog bed is well designed (with hours of laboratory testing and dog sleep studies).
It is made from quality materials, including a plush memory foam base.
The cover is removable and washing machine safe; it comes with a money-back guarantee and has lots of great customer product reviews.
With all that said, we think it would make an excellent pet bed for your best friend.
So if you want to find out more or buy a Casper Dog bed, please click here.
Frequently Ask Questions
Now that we have looked that the Casper Dog Bed Review, next we can look at the
- Are the Casper dog beds waterproof?
- Are Casper Beds for Dogs Worth the Money?
- What are Orthopedic Dog Beds, and are They Worth the Cost?
- Who are Casper and Why Should You Trust Them?
- What is Memory Foam? And Why is it Good for a Dog Bed?
- Is the Casper Bed machine washable?
Are the Casper Dog Beds Waterproof?
The pet beds from Casper are made with a water-resistant cover, but it is not totally waterproof.
If any urine does leak through the cover, you can spot clean the memory foam sleep surface with warm water, damp cloth, and, if necessary, an enzyme cased stain digester spray.
Are Casper Beds for Dogs Worth the Money?
You have to answer that question for yourself, but do we think that Casper makes excellent dog products? Yes, we do; please see our detailed review of all the reasons why we are delighted to recommend them.
What are Orthopedic Beds, and are They Worth the Cost?
An orthopedic dog bed means a bed that has enough support to keep all of your dog’s body off the floor.
This is really important as, over time, sleeping on a hard surface can be really bad for your dog’s joints and cause them all sorts of problems.
Having orthopedic support also means that your fur baby gets a good, comfy night’s sleep as with humans getting good sleep is essential for your dog’s long term health and well being.
Who are Casper and Why Should You Trust Them?
Casper is most well know for making beds, pillows, and mattresses for humans.
The company launched in 2014; they are based in New York City, they have factories in the United States and Vietnam (we checked, and both the bed and the replacement covers are made in the USA).
What is Memory Foam? And Why is it Good for a Dog Bed?
Memory foam is a type of mattress support foam that molds in the shape of your dog’s body, but they go back to its normal shape once the dog gets off the bed (this is why it is called memory foam).
The advantage of memory foam is that it gives excellent support for your dog’s body. Not only that, but it lasts much longer because the foam doesn’t get formed or squashed over long-term use.
Is the Casper Bed Washable?
No, the complete bed is not washable; however, the removable cover washing machine safe.
You can also clean the Casper dog bed’s inner part using warm soapy water and a damp cloth.
For ingrained stains or smells, Casper recommends using a stain remover liquid that has enzymes in it.
A Video Review of the Casper Dog Bed
So are you still not sure if this is the right memory foam dog bed for your puppy or adult dog?
This video review might help you decide, from unboxing to setting it up in the dog’s favorite sleeping spot. It gives you a good idea of the process and the quality of the bed.