If you are looking at dog beds for your large (or heavy dog), then you will have probably heard owners talking about the Bully Beds brand.
They make large and extra-large orthopedic beds for big, heavy dogs.
But they are not cheap, and there are lots of much cheaper dog beds you could buy.
So are they worth the money? Should you buy one for your big boy or girl? Let’s find out…
Review of the Bully Beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
A Durable Waterproof Bolster Bed for Large and Extra Large Dogs
Bully Beds Pros
- This is a large flat bed, with a bolster pillow on one end, for your dog to rest their head-on.
- The mattress is made from 4.5 lb medical-grade orthopedic memory foam, comfort foam (for the bolster), and support foam for the base.
- The bed’s total thickness is 7 inches, which means your dog’s joint will be fully supported, well clear of the cold hard floor, eliminating any pressure points and stress.
- The removable, washing machine washable cover is made from hypoallergenic microfiber and has a heavy-duty chew-resistant zipper.
- Underneath the cover is a washable waterproof cover to stop any leakages from seeping through into the memory foam.
- This Bully Bed has a non-slip base to stop the bed from sliding around your home.
- It is made from materials that are safe for your dog and also better for the environment. They are all Certi-PUR-US certified as safe for pet dogs, with no heavy metals, ozone-depleters, or any other harmful chemicals.
- You can buy this Bully bed in four sizes, Medium – 34” L x 22” W x 4” T, Large – 48” L x 30” W x 7” T, X-Large – 52” L x 34” W x 7” T, XX-Large – 60” L x 48” W x 7” T.
This Bully Bed comes with a 20-year no-flat warranty. If the bed does not retain its shape and loses more than two inches of thickness in twenty years of use, they will replace it free of charge. (we think this is impressive, lots of dog beds don’t even come with a 10-year warranty!)
Bully Beds Cons
- The only downside we can see to the Bully Bed is the price. You can click here to find out how much it costs…
Conclusion: Are Bully Beds Worth the Money?
Yes, is the short answer!
We have read many customer reviews on the dog owner forums, and we have also taken a good look about what people are saying about these beds on social media, and it is overwhelmingly positive.
The fact that they offer a 20-year no-flat warranty on their memory foam beds is really impressive.
We feel this can give you the confidence to know that you are getting really good value for money.
Five Reasons Why Buying Your Heavier Dog a Good Quality Bed
If you are lucky enough to own an extra-large or heavy dog, then we think it is well worth the money to buy an outstanding quality dog bed for them even if it costs you q bit more money.
Let’s take a look a the reasons why we think this is the case.
- For Canine Joint Support
- To Last Longer (and Save You Money)
- To Stand Up to the Chewing and Scratching
- To Give them a Good Night’s Sleep.
- Because Your Dog Deserves a Good Bed
For Canine Joint Support
The bigger or heavier the dog, the more pressure there is on their joints.
Many large dogs are more susceptible to painful and debilitating joint issues such as canine hip dysplasia or arthritis.
Dogs sleep around 14-16 hours per day, so by ensuring that when your dog sleeps, their joints are fully supported, you can reduce the potential for any issues to occur.
And if they already have pre-existing joint problems, then a good quality orthopedic memory foam dog bed will really help alleviate their pain and discomfort.
To Last Longer (and Save You Money)
A big, heavy dog puts a lot of wear and tear on their bed, so investing in one that is built to last can actually save you money.
Would you rather have to buy a new cheap dog bed every year or so, or have a bed that will last your dog a lifetime?
To Stand Up to the Chewing and Scratching
There is a big difference in power between a Mastiff and a Maltese Poodle!
Most dogs love to chew, scratch, and dig, but bigger dogs can do a lot more damage when they do so.
Buying a Bully Bed that is built specifically with bigger, stronger dogs means you will not come home to a destroyed dog bed one day.
To Give them a Good Night’s Sleep.
Have you ever gone on a camping trip or stayed at someone’s house and had to sleep on one of those super thin camping mattresses?
I’m guessing if you have, you did not get the best night’s sleep and woke up feeling sore, achy, and stiff!
Well, the same goes for your dog. If you give them a poor quality dog bed to sleep on, they will not get a good night’s sleep.
Because Your Dog Deserves a Good Bed
Your dog is part of the family, and they give you love, joy, laughter, and cuddles. We think in return that they deserve a nice, comfy, supportive foam bed to sleep on.
A Video Overview from Owner of Bully Beds
This video features Joe, the owner, and founder of Bully Beds company, showing all the Bully Bed benefits and features.
The Bully Bed story is really nice, “Bull” was Joe’s beloved Cane Corso Mastiff.
He was a very popular therapy dog, and the Bully Bed was originally designed for him to sleep on.
Here is Joe explain the Bully Bed design:
Although the actual products for these dog bed reviews from My Pillow have been removed from sale, you can still read the archive, as we have left it online.