Dogs of all ages, from puppies up to the very elderly, can all have issues with leaking urine.
The cause can be anything from a lack of potty training or a medical condition to old age.
Even healthy dogs can have issues from time to time.
One of the best ways to deal with this is to buy your dog an easy to clean waterproof bed.
So in this post, we will look at what we think are the best waterproof beds for dogs, helping you make sure you get a good quality bed for your dog.
Time Saving Reviews of the Best Waterproof Dog Beds
This chart shows our top five recommended waterproof dog beds and our in-house star rating if you are in a rush. Just click on the links or images for more information.
Click for prices
|PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed with Waterproof Liner. Check prices...|
|The Dog’s Bed Waterproof Orthopedic Dog Bed. Check prices...|
|Pet Magasin Large Bolster Dog Bed with Waterproof Machine Washable Covers. Check prices...|
|LOAOL Waterproof Memory Foam Bed. Check prices...|
|SportPet Designs Luxury Waterproof Pet Bed. Check prices...|
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.|
Find The Best Waterproof Dog Bed In-Depth Reviews
Ok, so now we can look at each of these dog beds in closer detail.
Weighing up the pros and cons of each product to help you decide if they meet your dog’s needs.
But if your dog has a different problem such as mobility issues or pain, then maybe this set of beds might be better for those conditions.
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed with Waterproof Liner
This orthopedic dog bed from PetFusion is our number one, top recommendation.
Why do we like this particular bed so much? Let’s take a look and find out:
- The bed has a bolster style of design that gives plenty of neck and head support for your dog.
- The water-resistant, chew & tear resistant cover is easy to clean. You can spot wipe it, or it is safe to machine wash. You can also buy spare covers and rotate them to make laundry days much easier.
- It has a six-inch thick, premium orthopedic, memory foam mattress base, giving maximum orthopedic support and comfort for reduced joint pain and improved mobility.
- The bolsters are filled with recycled eco-friendly polyfill padding.
- The base is none-skid.
- It is perfect for dogs of all ages, breeds, and sizes, right up the extra-large breeds such as Great Danes.
- It has passed various tests and regulations for the highest standards of materials, so you have peace of mind knowing there are no nasty chemicals that could harm your dog.
- This dog bed comes in four sizes, Small (25×20″), Large (36×28″), X-Large (44×34″) and XXL Jumbo (50×40″).
- You can also choose from three different color options, Chocolate Brown, Sandstone (with plush), or Slate Gray.
- The manufacturers of this dog bed offer a thirty-six-month warranty covering any part that is broken due to manufacturer defect.
- We tried, but we couldn’t find any! We are pleased to recommend this waterproof dog bed.
The Dog’s Bed Waterproof Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Dog’s Bed is another of our favorite waterproof beds. Let’s look at the details:
- Made from orthopedic memory foam, this waterproof dog bed has a simple, flat mattress style design, so it is perfect if your dog loves to stretch on when they sleep.
- It is made from a four-inch-thick high-quality foam base.
- The cover has a built-in waterproof mattress protector, it is removable, machine washable, quick-drying, and you can buy spare covers if you need to.
- While this bed is great for dogs of any age and condition, it is perfect for dogs with any sort of disability, such as canine hip dysplasia or arthritis.
- The bed comes in nine color schemes. They all have a grey cover (great for hiding any stains), but you get to choose the trim’s color.
- You can this bed in multiple different sizes from Small all the way right up to XXXL, so it is perfect for any breed from toy right up the largest breeds.
- It is not clear if the manufacturers offer any warranty or guarantee on this bed for dogs. If this bothers you, either choose one of our other suggestions or contact the vendors before purchasing.
Pet Magasin Bolster Bed with Waterproof Machine Washable Covers
Pet Magasin is not a very well-known pet product brand, but they make some really nice stuff, including this waterproof bed.
Let’s take a close look and see if it is right for your pooch:
- This bolster style bed has great support for your dog. The base comprises 4 inches of orthopedic memory foam, 2 inches of medium-soft memory foam on top, and 2 inches of firm support foam on the lower section.
- Having really thick orthopedic foam support is really important, as it means that all of your dog’s body weight and joints are kept up off the hard floor and not put under any uncomfortable pressure.
- The bed cover is removable and machine washable. It has a waterproof layer underneath that to ensure any leakages do not get through to the mattress.
- It comes with a non-slip base to stop the bed from sliding around your home.
- It is only currently available in one size (Large 36” x 28”), so it will be suitable for small to large dogs but not the toy breeds or the huge giants.
- It also only comes in one color scheme, which is really modern and bright. We really like it but accept that it wouldn’t fit in, in lots of dog owners’ homes.
LOAOL Waterproof Memory Foam Bed
- Another bolster style of dog bed, it is made from temperature-sensitive memory foam. This means it won’t react badly to hot or cold temperatures and will always provide consistent comfort.
- The base is made from a four-inch layer of memory foam, and the bolsters are stuffed with recycled filling.
- It has a removable, chew-proof cover that can be machine washed and dried (always read the instructions first).
- Underneath the cover is a waterproof liner to stop any accidents from getting through to the memory foam.
- This is a great option for medium, large or extra-large dogs, especially if they suffer from any sort of incontinence when they sleep.
- LOAOL’s one year warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship.
- You can only buy this bed in two sizes, large or extra-large, so not ideal for small or toy breeds.
- It only seems to come in one color Woven Gray, which is lovely, but ideally, there would be more choice.
SportPet Designs Luxury Waterproof Pet Bed
- This is a bagel style, nesting, waterproof dog bed.
- Covered in faux fur, removable, machine washable, outer cover, and an inner waterproof lining.
- The bed is filled with high-density foam.
- A Simple, cozy, well-designed dog bed.
- It only comes in two sizes, Small and Large, so no good if you own a huge dog.
- You can only buy this waterproof dog bed in one color, it’s a really nice beige color, but it would be great if they had more options for you to pick from.
Waterproof Dog Beds – A Buyer’s Guide
So when looking at waterproof dog beds for your pet dogs, what important factors and features do you need to take into consideration?
What are the most important things to bear in mind as you do your online research?
- What size and dimensions do you need?
- What style of bed will suit your dog?
- Is the bed fully waterproof?
- It is made from orthopedic / memory foam?
- Is the dog bed easy to clean and wash?
- Is it free from any nasty chemicals that could hurt your pooch?
- Does it have a no-skid base?
- Is it built to withstand chewing and scratching?
- Does the bed come with any sort of manufacturer’s warranty?
- What colors are available?
What Size and Dimensions Do You Need?
We recommend you buy a bed that is a bit larger than you think you need.
This means the dog will have some room to stretch out, and if they put on some weight, it will still be comfy for them.
One complaint we often hear from our readers is that they get confused over the sizes of the beds, so please double-check and consult the vendor if you have any doubts.
What Style of Bed Will Suit Your Dog?
Does your dog love to stretch out their legs when they sleep? If so, a flat bed will probably be the best style for them.
But if they love to curl up in a ball, a bolster or bagel dog bed style will be best.
Additionally, dogs that have had surgery, or their body parts are sore from disease, would love to rest in a bed that is up off the floor. This prevents the body from pushing against the hard floor causing more pressure on the bits that hurt.
Is the Bed Fully Waterproof?
Obviously, this post is all about the best waterproof dog beds, so it’s not rocket science to say that you should buy a waterproof bed!
But what we would say is check out why it is waterproof? Does it have a waterproof cover or a waterproof lining?
This makes a big difference. If the cover is waterproof, then there is nowhere for the liquid to go, so it will need wiping up.
But if it has a waterproof lining, then the cover will absorb the moisture (if this is the case, make sure that the cover is machine washable).
It is Made from Orthopedic/Memory Foam?
What do these words even mean? Orthopedic means that the dog’s joints are fully supported off the floor.
Memory foam reacts to pressure, and temperature molds itself to the dog’s body.
Both are important for two reasons: they give the dog a comfortable night’s sleep and reduce stress on joints, reducing the pain and suffering from issues such as canine hip dysplasia or arthritis.
Is the Dog Bed Easy to Clean and Wash?
If your dog is prone to having accidental leakages while sleeping, having a bed that is easy to clean and easy to wash is really useful.
Ideally, you should be able to spot wipe soiled areas with a damp cloth, but if it also has a washable cover that you can throw in the washing machine, that is even better.
Is it Free From Any Nasty Chemicals that Could Hurt Your Pooch?
If the dog bed is made in the USA, Canada, or Europe, you can be fairly sure it will be of high quality and won’t have any nasty materials.
But if you have any doubts, always ask the manufacturer for more information and not buy anything from them if they won’t provide it.
Does it Have a No-Skid Base?
Dog beds seem to have a life of their own, especially on hardwood floors, so if the bed has a non-slip rubber base, it is a useful feature.
Is it Built to Withstand Chewing and Scratching?
Some dogs just love to chew; others love to scratch and dig.
So if this sounds familiar, you should take it into account when looking for a bed, especially if you own a large dog with strong teeth and claws!
You should try and find a dog bed with a heavy-duty, waterproof cover so that it lasts more than a week!
Does the Bed Come with Any Sort of Manufacturers Warranty?
We always like it when a pet product manufacturer offers a warranty or guarantee with their beds.
It is not essential, but we think it speaks volumes about how confident they are in the quality of their products, and it reassures dog owners of knowing they can ask for their money back or a replacement bed.
What Colors are Available?
Ok, we admit this isn’t essential, but some dog owners are very house proud, and if you can get a bed that matches your home decor, why not?
To wrap up this review, we think that the best waterproof bed for your dog is the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed.
It is a well-made memory foam dog bed with a waterproof lining, a removable cover that is washing machine safe, and it comes with a three-year warranty.
We are delighted to recommend it, and you can find out how much it costs on this link…
Awesome Tip for Dogs with Incontinence Issues
If for whatever reason, your beloved pet dog suffers from any sort of urinary incontinence, as well as investing in a good waterproof bed for them to sleep in, you may also have to deal with accidents and leakages that happen around the house.
If this applies to you, please check out this really great little video. The lady shows her genius method for catching these leakages using a diaper and a sock (yes, you read that right)!