There are some really awesome things about owning a dog, the love, the fun, the laughter they give us.
But truth be told, there are one or two downsides to being a dog owner as well.
One of those downsides is dog hair and its magical ability to get everywhere in your home and car!
So in this post, we are reviewing the best seat covers for dog hair to protect your car seats from being covered in pet fur.
The Best Seat Covers For Dog Hair Review Chart
If you are in a rush, this chart will give you a quick impression of our top recommended dog car seat covers.
Click for prices
|Duke Dixie Hammock Dog Car Seat Cover for FRONT & BACK Seat. |
|Vailge 100% Waterproof Hammock Style Dog Car Seat Covers. |
|URPOWER Car Seat Cover for Dogs. |
|Hapyfost Waterproof Front Seat Cover for Dogs. |
|Gorilla Grip Original Dog Car Seat Protector. |
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.|
Car Seat Covers for Dogs – Reviews In-Depth
Ok now we have got the quick review chart out of the way, now we will take a look at each of the different car dog seat covers in much more detail.
You will find each of our top five recommendations, with a list of pros and cons for each one directly below the image.
Let’s get started on the details…
Duke Dixie Dog Car Seat Cover for Front & Back Seat
Our top recommendation is one of the best seat covers for dog hair you can spend your money on.
Why do we like this product so much? Let’s take a closer look and find out.
- You get a front seat cover and a back seat cover all included in the price. This is great value for money.
- These car seat covers from Duke Dixie are designed to protect your car seats from drool, dog hair, food, dirt, mud, and any little accidents that may occur during your trips.
- This seat cover has seat anchors and a non-slip backing and comes with two restraining safety belt attachments that clip into seat belt buckles. To make sure your pet dog is nice and safe when traveling in the vehicle.
- Both the front and back seat cover are fully waterproof and are made from a comfortable, stylish, quilted design.
- The covers are easy to clean, can be vacuumed, and are fully washing machine safe.
- The front seat cover comes with adjustable straps and will fit most cars, trucks, and SUVs vehicle seats.
- It is held in place with headrest straps held in place by buckles for easy on and off.
- The rear seat cover can be set up as a normal seat cover or as a hammock option with a base and two wall sections. It will fit any sized standard vehicle bench seats.
- It comes with a free collapsible dog water bowl, which will come in handy on your travels.
- While the manufacturers claim that it will fit the seats on any car, truck, or SUV, some dog owners on the pet forums have reported it doesn’t fit all car seats. So please check dimensions before buying.
Vailge Hammock Style Car Seat Cover Review
Another great choice for car seat covers dogs can enjoy sitting on while you take them on adventures.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons:
- This is a convertible design and can be used as either bench style or a hammock style seat cover, with side flaps. It is designed to be used on the back seat of your vehicle.
- It comes in two sizes (Large and Extra Large) and has adjustments, so it should fit all standard sized cars, trucks & SUVs (always check dimensions before hitting that buy now button).
- This car seat cover is 100% waterproof, fully machine washable, and made from scratch-resistant, durable fabric.
- So, it will protect your car seats and upholstery from drooling, mud, dog hairs, and any little toilet accidents or leakages that may occur.
- You can use half of the bench seat cover so that the other half of the rear seat can be used for a human passenger (without them having to get covered in dog hair).
- The base has a non-slip backing and seat anchors, so it will not move around with the dog’s weight on it.
- It comes with a safety leash that you can clip to your dog’s harness and then clip into the seatbelt system, so your dog is safely held in one place on the back seats.
- We looked on some forums and socials media groups to see what owners were saying about this seat cover, and some pet owners said they felt it wasn’t as well made as they would have hoped for.
URPOWER Car Seat Cover for Dogs Review
- This car seat cover from URPOWER is a back seat hammock or bench seat style of cover. So it can either have side flaps up at each end or cover the seat normally.
- It is built and designed to protect your car seats and upholstery from your dog’s drool, scratching hair shedding, and all the other lovely types of mess that dogs manage to make.
- It is large; the dimensions are 54″ W x 58″ L, so it should fit most types of rear seats (always double-check your measurements before buying).
- The base is non-slip, and it attaches with seat anchors to make sure the seat cover doesn’t slide around when you brake or turn corners.
- It also comes with a seat belt leash attachment to clip on to your dog’s harness for extra safety.
- It is very easy to install using quick release clips. Simply snap the buckle straps around the car’s headrests and tuck in the seat anchors.
- You can buy this car seat cover in three colors, Black, Grey, and Khaki.
- While the manufacturers do say, the seat cover is easy to clean and can be vacuumed or wiped with a damp cloth. It doesn’t appear to be washing machine proof; this might not be ideal if your dog is prone to having little “accidents.”
Hapyfost Waterproof Front Seat Cover Review
If you are just looking for a front seat cover for your dog to travel on, then this product from Happyfost is a good, fairly priced option to consider:
- Bucket seat cover with side flaps.
- The side flaps protect the sides of your car seat from being chewed, scratched, or getting dirty.
- The seat cover base has a nonslip mesh, elastic straps, and seat anchors, so it will not move around on the seat as your drive.
- It has a large pocket on the front section, which is really handy for storing things like your dog’s leash, water bowl, etc.
- Really easy to install on your front seat, with adjustable headrest straps
- With 45″ Length x 21″ Width dimensions, it should easily fit most front seats (we always suggest double checking the size of your vehicle’s seats before buying).
- This car seat cover is 100% waterproof and is really easy to clean. You can vacuum it, wipe it with a damp cloth, or machine wash it (on a cool cycle).
- You can buy this bucket car seat cover in two colors, Black and Grey.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty. So buying it is 100% risk-free. The manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty against any potential defects in either the materials or the workmanship.
- Only to used on the front seat.
- Does not comes with a harness safety belt attachment.
- Apart from that, we couldn’t really find much wrong with it, we think it is a great pet car seat cover and are very happy to recommend it.
Gorilla Grip Original Dog Car Seat Protector Review
If you are looking for a budget option, then this dog car seat cover is ideal for your vehicle’s back seat.
- The design of this seat cover means that it completely covers the back seat of your car.
- It is straightforward to install with headrest straps and plastic buckles.
- Made from a non-slip base and waterproof cover, it will protect your car from dog drool, dog hair, dirt, and any possible leakages or little accidents your pet pooch might have while traveling.
- It comes with a free, portable water bowl and also has a convenient side pocket for keeping all your dog’s stuff in (maybe not the treats though lol, they would be able to steal them!)
- The cover can be split into two so that human passengers can ride in the car with the dog without sitting on the cover and getting covered in dog hairs.
- This car seat cover comes with a ten-year guarantee. Considering the low price point of this item, we think that it is a really fair offer.
- Some dog owners on the pet forums report that it may not stand up the much chewing. So if your dog loves to chew things, this might not be the right option for you.
- It does not come with a harness safety belt attachment, unlike some of the other dogs car seat covers we have reviewed above.
Seat Covers for Dogs – A Buyer’s Guide
So what are the most important features and points of consideration that you need to pay attention to when looking for the best seat covers for dog hair?
- Do you need front seat covers, rear seat covers, or both?
- Will the seat cover fit your car seat, and is it adjustable?
- Is the seat cover waterproof, easy to clean, and machine washable?
- How is the car seat cover fixed in place?
- Does it have a dog seat belt system to keep your dog safely under control?
- Do the seat covers comes with a lifetime warranty or some sort of customer satisfaction money-back guarantee?
- Does it come with a non-slip rubber backing and seat anchors to stop it from sliding around?
- Is it easy to set it up in the car, and does it have quick-release buckle straps?
So just to remind you, our recommendations for your search for the best dog car seat covers, if you want both front and back seats to be covered, then the…
Duke Dixie Dog Car Seat Cover is the one we suggest you take a closer look at…
Some Final Advice Before You Go…
As we said at the very start of this post, while we really do love our canine friends, all dog owners know that dog hair can make a huge mess in your vehicle.
So here are some tips from a professional car cleaner; he shares some handy tips to help you get stubborn dog cars out of the upholstery.