Dogs are awesome but do hair not so much…
As most dog owners know, dog hairs get EVERYWHERE!
So in this post, we are going to help you find the best dog hair remover to help you keep your home, your car, and your clothes as dog hair-free as possible.
Let’s jump right into the reviews. We have selected five different types of pet hair removers and looked at each one in detail.
Dog Hair Remover Reviews at a Glance
First, our time-saving at a glance review chart. If you are in a rush, check out the links on this chart for prices and other useful information.
|ChomChom Roller Dog Hair Remover. Great for furniture and smaller area of carpet. Excellent value for money.|
|Scotch-Brite Lint Roller Value Pack. Very effective at lifting dog hair off all fabric surfaces.|
|Brellavi Dog Hair Remover. Works well on all fabrics including clothing, rugs and furniture. |
|Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover. Very effective on any small areas of fabric covered in pet hairs.|
|Evriholder FURemover Broom with Squeegee and Telescopic Handle. Excellent for carpets.|
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.|
The Best Dog Hair Removal Tools in Depth Reviews
Now we will take a really close up look at each of the different tools to help you pick the best pet hair remover for your specific needs.
There is a wide range of different types of products on the market, so we have tried to find the best designs and then listed what we think are the pros and cons of each option.
ChomChom Roller Dog Hair Remover
- The ChomChom roller is a simple and effective way of removing dog hairs from furniture or small carpet areas.
- You simply apply a vigorous back and forth motion with the roller on the affected area, and it pulls up all the dog hair.
- The hair is stored in a receptacle at the back of the roller and is easy to remove and dispose of.
- It doesn’t need any batteries, power cord, chargers, replacement parts, or sticky tape.
- It works great for removing hair but also works really well on dust and lint.
- It will not damage your furniture or carpeting.
- Not ideal for covering large areas of carpet (see below for more recommendations on this).
- Some dog owners report that it does not always do a great job on really embedded dog hair in online forums.
- In this case, you might need to use a vacuum as well as the roller, or perhaps one of the other dog hair removers we have reviewed, so let’s keep going…
Scotch-Brite Adhesive Lint Roller
- The Scotch-Brite Roller effectively pulls up pet fur, dog hair, lint, and dust from any fabric, from clothing to carpets.
- Great for use at home, work areas, the office, or in your car.
- Perfect for dog owners who are constantly battling against dog hair.
- It is very easy to use.
- It has an ergonomically designed handle to fit comfortably in your hand.
- Cheap refills are readily available and easy to swap over.
- Not great for covering larger areas such as carpets.
- You do have to replace the adhesive tape; this is why we recommend buying the value pack.
Brellavi Dog Hair Remover Brush
- This pet product from Brellavi is a double-sided, self-cleaning dog hair removal brush.
- It can be used effectively on clothes, furnishings, and small areas of the carpet.
- Simply wipe it over the area you wish to clean, then dip the brush in the base, and the hair will be removed from the brush and stored ready for disposal.
- Does not need batteries, a charger, power cords, or any replacement parts or tapes.
- This product comes with a customer satisfaction warranty (Always check details before buying).
- It is not much good for a large area of fabric or for areas with a thick layer of embedded dog hair, much better for keeping on top of things than deep cleaning.
Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover Stone
- Yes, you read that, right! The Fur-Zoff is a hair removal stone.
- Simply gently rub the stone across any fabric areas that need cleaning, and the stone pulls the hairs up.
- Very easy to use.
- Effective on small areas.
- It can be safely used on furniture, clothes, carpets, and car upholstery.
- Not suitable for larger areas that need to be cleaned.
- Not as effective as some of the previously mentioned pet hair removal tools.
Evriholder FURemover Broom with Squeegee
- The Evriholder FURremover brush is an effective way of removing dog hair from large areas.
- The 12 inch head of the brush is made with 100% natural rubber bristles. The rubber attracts and pulls up the dog hair, similar to how a magnet works with steel.
- It works on all surfaces, carpets, fabrics, curtains, furniture, hardwood floors, tiles, etc.
- The telescopic handle extends from 36 inches to 60 inches to give you plenty of reach and allow you to clean floors without straining your back by bending over too much.
- It has a built-in squeegee, so you can also use it for cleaning windows, car windshields, etc.
- Not great for smaller items of furniture.
- It does not come with dog hair storage, but it is easy to clean, so it’s not a deal-breaker.
A Buyers Guide to Help You Find the Best Tool
So, now that you have read our dog hair remover reviews, we can now take a look at a list of the most important features you should consider when buying one.
- What size area are you looking to clean?
- What types of fabric/items do you want to use the hair remover on?
- Is it for deep cleaning or regular once overs?
What size area are you looking to clean?
Most dog hair removers are usually suited better to either smaller area or large.
For example, lint rollers are great at hair removal from small furniture or carpeting areas, but you wouldn’t want to clean a large room with one.
Long-handled brushes are excellent for large carpets, not great for smaller items of furniture.
What types of fabric/items do you want to use the hair remover on?
Do you want to use the remover on clothing, carpets, rugs, soft furnishing, car upholstery, hardwood floors, tiles?
Most pet hair removers are great for some, but not all types of surface, so think about exactly what you need before getting your cash out.
Is it for deep cleaning or for regular once overs?
Dog hair can get really embedded deep into fabrics; when this happens, you need to do a careful, thorough, deep cleaning.
But you also need to do every day quick once overs to keep on top of things.
Picking the right hair remover for the right task is well worth bearing in mind as you do your research.
So to finish up this review of the best dog hair removers, our top recommendations for dealing with dog hair are:
For removing dog hair from smaller areas of carpet and furniture, we recommend the ChomChom.
For removing pet hair from clothes, we recommend the Scotch-Brite Adhesive Roller.
To remove dog hair from large areas of the carpet, the Evriholder FUR remover brush works well.
Before You Go
As always, here at the Pupster Passion HQ, we want to give you as much help and advice as we possibly can.
We also know that we do not have all the answers, so we are happy to share advice from other dog lovers.
In this video, the lovely lady shares a long list of tips to help you get stubborn dog hair out of carpets and rugs.
You also get to meet Chloe, the beautiful boxer dog and see her being a very good girl as her Mom shares her house cleaning tips for pet hair removal.