Are you lucky enough to own two pet dogs? Do they love sharing the same dog bed?
Or do they fight over who gets to sleep in which of their beds? Would you like to make sure the two of them can sleep happily and peacefully together?
Some dogs naturally sleep side by side, but others prefer their own space. If you have a double bed big enough for both of them, they will most likely curl up together. Whether you have little dogs or big ones, the best dog bed for two dogs will create a nice cozy place for them to both sleep.
Helping to keep both the dogs and you happy and relaxed. So, if you are looking for a really comfy, easy to clean, good value for money bed for your two dogs to sleep on, then you are in the right place.
Table of Contents
- Best Double Dog Bed – Our Top Recommendations
- How Our Recommendations Were Made
- A More Detailed Look
- Bottom Line
Best Double Dog Bed – Our Top Recommendations
Check out this time-saving chart to help you make the best choice for your dogs. On the chart below, you will find our top recommendations summarized:
How Our Recommendations Were Made
In finding the best double dog beds, two of the main features I looked for were comfort and durability, but there are certainly other factors you want to keep in mind when narrowing down your options.
I figured if more than one dog uses it, it would have more wear and tear than normal.
So, it has to be very durable, and obviously, it has to be comfortable enough for them both to be happy sleeping on it. One thing you might have to worry about, though, is if one dog is a bed-wetter.
Comfort and Stuffing
When it comes to comfort, memory foam may be a great option, especially if you have larger dogs. When looking for a double dog bed, you want to make sure the stuffing is evenly distributed. You don’t want any extra stuffing to build up in just one area of the bed. This can cause unevenness and uncomfortable pressure points for one or both dogs using it.
Another thing I looked for was the size. That is obvious since it needs to be big enough for two of whatever breed your dogs happen to be and give them enough room to stretch out their legs.
When shopping for a double dog bed, don’t just look at the measurements. You also have to determine the actual sleep space, and how much of the overall measurements are for the frame or other parts of the bed.
Lastly, I wanted to make sure that other people had bought the product and loved it enough to share reviews. That’s one huge benefit of the internet. People speak about their experiences and purchases. This makes it much easier to find great quality items for our pet dogs.
That is it in a nutshell. I have researched to save you time and money while still making sure your pet pooches are warm and comfy.
A More Detailed Look
Ok, so now let’s look into what I think are the best double dog beds that two dogs can sleep in comfortably. We have taken a good look at each of these beds and detailed all the features we think might help you and your pooch.
Big Barker Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Dog Beds for Large Dogs: Finally, your big furry friend can stretch, curl up, and rest comfortably all on one bed; Thick, quality-assured foam and…
- Clinically Shown to Reduce Joint Pain: Study data has shown that our raised dog beds help ease joint pain and improve mobility; The headrest supports…
- Washable Microsuede Cover: Big Barker’s covers are machine washable & smell-resistant; The fabric is designed to withstand rubbing, digging &…
The Big Barker dog bed is a pillowtop orthopedic bed for large and extra-large dogs. It is available in extra-large sizes and can accommodate your dogs nicely. This is the only dog bed that has been scientifically calibrated and clinically proven to improve the quality of life for your dogs. It will not flatten over time, is easy to clean, and will look great in your house.
The University of Pennsylvania study found that the Big Barker dog bed improved the quality of life for dogs after just 28 days of use. It helped reduce joint pain and stiffness, improve joint function and gait, and provide better nighttime rest, especially for dogs suffering from arthritis.
The Big Barker orthopedic bed comes with a 10-year “Won’t Flatten” promise. This promise states that the dog bed will retain at least 90% of its shape and offer optimal support for your furry friend in the next ten years, or Big Barker will replace the dog bed for free.
- Ideal for dogs of all ages and offers extra support for joint pain, arthritis, hip dysplasia, and other painful conditions
- Comes with a 10-year “Can’t Flatten, Won’t Flatten” warranty
- Has been proven by over 100,000 pet parents
- Three-stage foam construction helps sensitive joints and offers support by blocking pressure points
- Scientific proof that it significantly improves a dog’s quality of life
- Easy to clean with a durable cover and no outgassing
- More expensive than other dog bed options
- Cover is not waterproof
Majestic Hypoallergenic Machine Washable Dog Bed for Two Dogs
- Dimensions: Approximately 60 inches x 42 inches with cushion height about 8 inches. Perfect bed for extra-large sized dogs
- Premium Materials: The dog bed is stuffed with a Premium High Loft Polyester Fil that is environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic.
- Machine Washable: Our dog bed is machine washable so you can easily wash off dirt and stains. Simply remove the slipcover and place it into a washing…
Stuffed with polyester filling, this dog mattress by the Majestic Pet Store is assembled in the US but does use imported materials. It has a fleece top which dogs love, and can be thrown in the washer for easy cleaning.
The special fill should fluff up nicely after drying. To clean it, all you have to do is take off the removable cover, place it into your washing machine, wash it on the gentle cycle, and cool dry.
It is an affordable, comfortable, easy to clean mattress with plenty of room for both of your pupsters. Some users did report that the stuffing flattened or collected in certain areas, but we did find there was some room in the cover if you wanted to add additional stuffing for more comfort.
Finally, if your dogs are getting up in years, this article can really help you choose the right bed for them.
- Premium polyester fiber fill for high loft and ensures unbeatable comfort
- Machine washable slipcover so you can easily wash away dirt, stains, and spills
- Comes at an affordable price
- The stuffing tends to settle, so you need to shake it to spread the stuffing evenly every once in a while
- May want to go a size higher than you think you need to ensure there is more than enough room
Brindle Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed
- A 3-inch layer of orthopedic shredded memory foam fill eliminates pressure points and increases breathability
- Portable, lightweight bed is great for travel and compatible with 54″ X 36″ Dog crates
- Soft, supportive consistency conforms to weight and pressure to relieve achy joints, arthritis and hip dysplasia
The Brindle shredded memory foam dog bed has a removable, washable cover and is plush and orthopedic. It features a three-inch layer of orthopedic shredded memory foam fill. This helps eliminate pressure points to relieve achy joints, arthritis, and hip dysplasia.
You can easily remove the soft microsuede cover. Simply toss it into the washing machine and wash in cold to hot water with the bedding setting on a gentle cycle. Tumble dry the cover on low in the dryer.
Shredded memory foam is designed to be comfortable. It also increases airflow and breathability while conforming to the weight and pressure of your dogs.
- Soft, breathable, and comfortable
- Inner pieces don’t shift or clump up as your pets sleep
- Outer cover hides dirt and pet hair
- Retains its shape and fluffiness, even after washing
- Does not have a non-slip bottom, so the bed slides around on the floor
As you can see, there are many options available when you are on the hunt for the best dog bed for two dogs. When narrowing down your choices, find a dog bed with a shape that can accommodate two dogs, uniform stuffing throughout, and the most usable space possible.
When it really comes down to making a choice, you have to consider the two dogs that will be using it and find one that will work well in all situations.