If you are lucky enough to own one or dogs, you will know two things:
- Dogs are awesome, and we are lucky to have them in our lives
- Dog hair gets EVERYWHERE!
If you also own a car, you will undoubtedly know how messy it can look after your dogs have kindly shed their fur all over the upholstery.
This blog post will review the best car vacuum for pet hair.
We have selected our top five recommended vacuums and listed the pros and cons for each model.
Table of Contents
- Best Car Vacuum Cleaner for Dog Hair – In-Depth Reviews
- Best Overall: Black+Decker Furbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Most Convenient: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand Vacuum Review
- Best Corded Option: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Review
- Best Accessories: Carary Hand Vacuum Cordless
- Best for Suction: Shark Pet Perfect Cordless Hand Vacuum
- Car Vacuum for Getting Rid of Dog Hair – A Buyer’s Guide
- Video: Professional Detailer Removing Dog Hair
Best Car Vacuum Cleaner for Dog Hair – In-Depth Reviews
We will do a deep dive examination of each car vacuum looking closely for all the pros and cons of each product.
Best Overall: Black+Decker Furbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Cleans Hair, Dirt & Debris From High Traffic Areas
- Cleans unwanted messes from on top of, around and under furniture
- Vacuums Hair & Debris from Carpeted Stairs
If you want the very best car vacuum for getting rid of dog hairs, this is the one we recommend.
The Black+Decker Furbuster is a handheld, cordless vacuum that can easily clean hair, dirt, and debris from your car. It can reach under the seats and in each nook and cranny for a complete clean.
What else do we love about the Black+Decker Furbuster cordless vacuum cleaner?
Let’s take a closer look and find out:
- Offers up to 4x more suction power than other handheld vacuums. This provides you with a more thorough and complete clean
- It has two speeds plus PowerBoost giving you an added burst of cleaning power with just a push of a button
- The extra-long crevice tool allows you to reach further under your seats and into the harder to reach places in your home
- This vacuum has a 20V Max lithium-ion battery that allows for a 125% longer runtime
- Vacuum is cordless and has a washable filter. Also features a one-touch empty feature making it easy to clean out when necessary
- We looked on many pet owner forums and Facebook groups to see what people were saying about this product, one of the few criticisms we could find about it is that it is slightly more expensive than other comparable brands.
Most Convenient: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand Vacuum Review
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell will donate 5 dollars for each pet hair eraser Li Ion purchase, upon activation
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion battery
- 14V lithium ion battery for lithium powered cleaning; Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Litres
If you prefer the idea of cleaning your car with a cordless handheld vacuum, then we recommend you consider this model from Bissell. We are tagging this vacuum as the most convenient because of its larger dust bin. You will not have to stop in the middle of cleaning to empty this canister vacuum.
- This vacuum runs on a 14V lithium-ion battery for high-powered, rechargeable cleaning.
- It runs with a triple layer of filtration. This is important because no hairs or dust get blown back into the car.
- It has a large, easy to empty, bagless dirt bin (Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.7 Liters), which means you can spend more time vacuuming and less time emptying the dog hair and dirt into your dust bin.
- It comes with various cleaning accessories, including a motorized brush tool, upholstery tool, and crevice tool.
- If you buy one of these car vacuums, Bissell will donate five dollars to a pet rescue charity. We think this is a nice touch (make sure you register to get this done).
- We can say nothing bad about this pet hair vacuum, and we are pleased to recommend it.
Best Corded Option: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum Review
- Surface type: Upholstery, auto, stairs; Power rating: 4 amperes
- Filtration: multi layer filtration, the Bissell hand vac uses the cyclonic cleaning system
- 16 feet power cord. Cleans stairs, upholstery and hard surfaces. Dirt cup capacity: 0.78 litre
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is one of the better corded options out there. It works great on car upholstery with multi-layer filtration and a cyclonic cleaning system. It has a long power cord that allows you to easily reach every nook and cranny of your car to get a better clean.
- Again, this model is from Bissell; it is a handheld vacuum with a sixteen-foot power cord instead of battery-powered.
- The quick-release dirt cup has a total capacity of 0.7 liters.
- The specialized rubber nozzle attracts hair and pulls out dirt on areas such as automobile carpets upholstery.
- It is sold with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It does not come with a powered brush. This is not the end of the world, but some of our preferred models do, and we feel this is a handy feature for dog owners.
- Cordless Powerful Handheld Vacuum: Still do all your clean with heavy corded vacuum cleaner? You need a cordless handheld vacuum. The hand vacuum is…
- 8000Pa Strong and Stable Suction: The portable vacuum cleaner boasts 8000Pa powerful suction. The motor is powerful enough to pick up food crumbs and…
- Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner with More Tools: A good hand vacuum shoud not stop at just being a dry vacuum. This hand vacuum cordless rechargeable supports…
This Carary handheld vacuum is another great choice if you are a pet owner and need to vacuum up all the pet hair from your car after a car ride. It works well when removing pet hair from upholstery. It is one of the best for accessories due to its extra-long crevice tool.
Here’s what else we love about this handheld pet vacuum:
- Vacuum comes with two washable filters. They will need to be replaced eventually, but this is a much more environmentally friendly option compared to other vacuum types that use paper filters
- One step charging is easy and convenient with an easy charge base
- Comes with an extra-long crevice tool so you can reach all the harder to reach areas in your car, including between and under the seats
- Strong suction due to the 8000Pa strong and stable suction power
- Wet dry vacuum that comes with more tools and accessories than other brands. This vacuum supports wet and dry use with multiple tools
- Has a large dust bowl that can store more dust, allowing you to continue cleaning for longer without having to stop and empty it frequently
- Has a very short runtime. It takes three to four hours to fully charge and only provides about 30 minutes of charge with continuous use
- It is also heavier than other comparable cordless vacuum options and may be bulkier than expected
- Powerful cordless vacuum. Convenient cleaning for all surfaces.
- Twister Cyclonic Technology. Delivers consistent strong suction while cleaning.
- Includes rechargeable 15.6V battery
The Shark Pet Perfect handheld vacuum is cordless, bagless, and portable, making it the ideal option for cleaning out your car or various areas in the home. It is best for suction because of its powerful motor and Twister Cyclonic technology.
Here is everything we love about this car vacuum cleaner:
- This car vacuum cleaner comes from a reputable and well-known brand
- Has a 10-volt power source providing powerful suction to tackle all your cleaning needs. It features Twister Cyclonic technology that delivers a consistently strong suction power
- The motorized brush of this car vacuum cleaner can pick up debris from various surfaces. The dust cup is easy to empty, and no bag is needed
- The dust bin is transparent, so you can easily see when it needs to be emptied
- The handle is comfortable, making it easier to hold and operate the vacuum
- More expensive than other comparable handheld vacuum models, including others on our list
- Noisier than other vacuums
- Less than ideal battery life. Will need to recharge it more often than you may like
Car Vacuum for Getting Rid of Dog Hair – A Buyer’s Guide
When looking for the best vacuum for car cleaning to get rid of dog hair, what are the most important features you should keep an eye out for?
What matters most when getting the best vacuum cleaner for your money?
- Does it come with a nozzle and tools to clean hard-to-reach places?
- Is it easy to use and easy to empty the debris into the trash can?
- Is it a cordless vacuum or a corded handheld model?
- If it is a handheld cordless vacuum, does it comes with a charging base?
- Does it have a HEPA filter or similar filtration system to stop the hair from blowing back into the car?
- How much does it weigh?
- How much suction power does it have (dog hair can be hard to get rid of)?
Does it Come with Accessories for Hard-To-Reach Spots?
You want to have good accessories when choosing the best handheld vacuum cleaner for your car, especially when trying to get rid of pet hair, which seems to have the magical ability to get everywhere. Buying a vacuum with some helpful accessories to hit the tight little sports is an excellent idea.
Easy to Use and Easy to Empty the Dirt and Hair?
You want a dirt container that is bagless, easy to release, easy for you to empty, and easy to put back on the appliance.
Is it a Cordless Vacuum or a Corded One?
Choosing between cordless vacuums and corded really comes down to personal preference and may also depend on where your care is kept and if you can get a power cord to reach it. The benefits of a power cord are that the vacuums tend to be lighter, need recharging, and often have more suction power.
The benefit of having a cordless vacuum is that it is easier to move around, and you do not need to have access to electric sockets.
Does it Come With a Charging Base?
If it is a rechargeable vacuum, does it come with a charging base? This might seem small, but you will appreciate it if you like to be tidy.
Does it Have a HEPA Filter or Similar Filtration?
When your vacuum pulls air and dust through itself, the air has to go somewhere, so it is blown back out of the vents. This is fine, but you need a vacuum that will not allow pet hair, dust, or other debris to be blown back out of the vents.
How Much Does it Weigh?
Especially when used in the car, you want a nice light appliance, so it is easy for you to use and move around in confined spaces.
How Much Suction Power Does it Have?
Dog hair gets everywhere, but it is also getting trodden in and embedded into the carpets and upholstery. So, buying a vacuum with strong suction that can really pull out deeply embedded hair is essential for a thorough cleaning job.
To wrap up this review in a short and sweet manner, if you want to best vacuum for cleaning dog hairs out of your car, we recommend the Black+Decker Furbuster.
It is a premium choice because of its specialized rubber bristles that can easily lift pet hair from your car seat and carpet areas. It also provides extra strong suction power that is four times more powerful than comparable brands.
Thanks for visiting our website to read this post; we hope it helps you find the best vacuum for the car cleaning chores.
Video: Professional Detailer Removing Dog Hair
He shows the process of deep cleaning a car that is covered in dog hair. He shares some really useful tips, and you really get to see why using tools like a motorized brush can make such a big difference in loosening up embedded do hairs.