Dogs are awesome; anyone who is lucky enough to have dogs in their home has every reason to be happy about it.
But even our amazing canine companions have their downsides. One of those is most definitely dog hair!
It gets everywhere and is a nightmare to try and get rid of.
So in this post, we will share our reviews of the best brooms for dog hair.
What is the Best Dog Hair Broom – Time Saving Review
This quick chart is designed for if you are in a rush, you will see our in house star rating and links to click for further info.
|TreeLen Dog Hair Broom and Dustpan Combo. Check prices...
|OXO Good Grips Furlifter Self-Cleaning Carpet Rake and Pet Hair Remover. Check prices...
|Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake for Dog Hair. Check prices...
|Chouqing Dust Pan and Broom, Self-Cleaning, Ideal for Pets with Super Long Handle. Check prices...
|Evriholder FURemover Pet Hair Removal Broom with Squeegee & Telescopic Handle. Check prices...
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.
The Best Dog Hair Brooms – Reviews in Depth
Ok, now we have got past the time-saving reviews, let’s take a look at each of our recommended products in much more detail.
After that, we will share a buyer’s guide that will cover all the important features you need to consider when buying a broom for pet hair.
TreeLen Dog Hair Broom and Dustpan Combo
Pupster Passion Rating:
This TreeLen broom and dustpan set is our top recommendation for sweeping up dog hair from hardwood floors and other hard surfaces.
Let’s take a look at the details and see why we like it so much:
- It’s a two-piece setup made of both a long-handled broom and a long-handled dustpan.
- You can comfortably stand up straight while using it, which is great for reducing the stress on your back as you get your chores done.
- The broom handle can be extended to 54 inches long, and the dustpan handle is 38.5 inches long.
- The broom head is made from recycled PET bottles; the bristles are angled for effective sweeping and will not absorb any water.
- The dustpan has a large capacity to allow you to scoop up plenty of dog hairs in one go.
- It also has a really clever rubber comb on the lip of the pan; the pulls all the pet hair off the bristles and into the pan. We LOVE this feature; it’s a really great idea.
- To make your job even easier, the pan locks into place and has a sharp rubber lip that fits totally flush with the floor; this means the hairs and dirt go into the brush, not underneath it.
- A clever design means the broom set is really easy to store in a compact area.
- It comes in different color schemes, including black and yellow or white and red, so you can be color coordinated as you do your sweeping!
- We think this is the best broom for dog hair on any hard surface such as floor tiles, hardwood floors, concrete garage floors, etc.
- Reading reviews from dog owner forums, one or two said that they had received a dustpan with a bent lip, which meant it wouldn’t sweep up the dog hair.
- The solution to this is easy, just send it back and ask them to replace it free of charge, they have great customer support so you won’t have any problems.
OXO Good Grips Furlifter Self-Cleaning Carpet Rake and Pet Hair Remover
Pupster Passion Rating:
The OXO Good Grips Carpet Rake is our top recommendation for sweeping up dog hair from carpets and rugs.
Why do we think it is so good? Let’s take a closer look:
- The design is new to us, but we really like it, you push on the handle, and the bristles are extended. You then run the broom over the carpet or upholstery, next pull the handle back, and the dog hair is pulled off the bristles and into the collection area.
- If that sounds a bit confusing, you can watch a video on how it works here.
- So, in a nutshell, this pet hair broom easily removes dog hairs from carpets, rugs, dog beds, upholstered furniture, etc.
- The hair is then easily removed from the brush using a quick push-pull mechanism and is easily disposed of.
- The broom has a 44-inch long handle, which means you do not have to stoop over while sweeping up the hair.
- It stands upright for easy, compact storage when not in use.
- Reading customer reviews (from dog owners on the pet forums) who have used this broom, they say it doesn’t always get the really deeply embedded dog hairs on the first pass.
- To be fair, once dog hair gets embedded into fabric, it is always tricky to get out, so regular cleaning plus the occasional deep clean is probably the best solution.
Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake for Dog Hair
Pupster Passion Rating:
The Grandi Groom carpet rake is another great option for getting dog hair up out of your carpet or upholstery.
- This rake has a straightforward but effective design; the head is made up of nylon tines that reach deep into the fibers of your carpet and pulls up any ground in dirt or dog hairs.
- The head is extra wide at 18 inches; this means it takes much less time to rake the carpet in each room fully.
- Use it before vacuuming to loosen the ground in hair and dirt to make vacuuming much more efficient.
- Use it after vacuuming to remove vacuum tracks and give your carpet that new look by lifting the pile.
- It has a 60-inch long handle for ease of use.
- Simple, effective, and easy to use.
- This is to be used alongside a vacuum; it doesn’t actually remove the dog hair. It just loosens it up to make vacuuming much more effective.
- It is still a great tool, just not on its own.
Chouqing Dust Pan and Broom, Self-Cleaning, Ideal for Pets with Super Long Handle
Pupster Passion Rating:
Slightly lower down the price range, this is still a great option for getting rid of those pesky dog hairs.
- The Chouqing Broom and Pan combination set is a great way of cleaning up pet hair from any hard flooring surface.
- It has an adjustable, extendable handle for lengths between 35 inches to 49 inches, allowing you to set the perfect height for you (and your back).
- The broom head has four rows of dense, durable bristles made from environmentally friendly, recycled PET plastic bottles.
- The self-cleaning dustpan has a comb with teeth that pull the dirt and dog hair off the broom as you sweep up.
- A soft rubber lip of the edge of the pan assures that the dirt and hair goes into the pan and not under the bottom of it!
- It comes with 30 days refund or replacement guarantee with no questions asked.
- It can be stored standing upright, so it will easily fit in a compact space.
- You can buy the dog hair broom in different colors, including orange and gray or jade green.
- We read up on some reviews in social media groups, and some dog owners said that they felt the construction wasn’t as good as it could have been.
- So it may be that this option is great for light use but not ideal if you have a large house with lots of dogs.
Evriholder FURemover Pet Hair Removal Broom with Squeegee & Telescopic Handle
Pupster Passion Rating:
This broom from Evriholder is a different design from the other products we have reviewed so far.
Let’s take a look and see why we are happy to recommend it for you and your home:
- The FURemover broom with squeegee has a head made with 100% natural rubber (yes, rubber can be natural is comes from trees).
- The natural rubber bristles attract dog hair like a magnet.
- It has a built-in squeegee edge for cleaning windows, showers and windshields, and other hard surfaces (it is great for cleaning up spillages as well).
- The extendable telescopic handle extends from 36 inches to 60 inches, which is great for reaching hard to get places and also to save you back from having to bend over while cleaning up the dog hair.
- It is easy to clean, just rinse off the rubber bristles with cold water or use warm water and soap to sanitize and eliminate any germs.
- Multi-surface use works great on hardwood floors, tiles, carpets, rugs, and all fabrics.
- The broom works great for picking up dog hair, dust, dirt, and fine particles.
- It doesn’t come with a dustpan or method for storing the dog hairs.
- This means that you will have to rinse them off now and then, which is not the end of the world!
A Buyer’s Guide to Dog Hair Brooms
As promised, we will share our guide to finding the best brooms for cleaning up dog hairs.
We have created a shortlist of features to consider and then gone into details directly below:
- Is the broom suitable for hard floors, carpets, or both?
- How well does it pick up dog hair?
- Does to make it easy to dispose of the pet hair after it has been scooped up?
- How long is the handle?
- Does the broom have fiber or rubber bristles?
- How easy is it to store the broom when not in use?
Is the broom suitable for hard floors, carpets, or both?
Some brooms such (as rubber brooms ) are great to use on both hard and fabric surfaces, but most tend to specialize in one or the other.
So obviously you need to think about your home and what your needs are, if you really want to be thorough buying one of each type might be a good idea.
How well does it pick up dog hair?
If the broom’s main job is to clean up dog hair from your home, you want to make sure it actually does the job it is designed for!
Step one read the manufacturers information carefully, look at photos and videos. Step two is to read up on some customer reviews and see how people rate each broom.
Does to make it easy to dispose of the pet hair after it has been scooped up?
As you will see from our broom reviews on this page, manufacturers have come up with some really clever ways of helping you get the dog hair in the trash can.
How long is the handle?
This is important for two reasons, to make it easier to reach and cover the area being cleaned.
Also, make sure that you do not have to stoop over and put pressure on your back as you are sweeping.
Does the broom have fiber or rubber bristles?
This is down to your own personal preference. Fiber bristles sweep up up the hairs while rubber bristles attract the hair like a magnet.
How easy is it to store the broom when not in use?
Especially if you live in a small home with limited storage space, you want the broom to fold away and be stored nicely and easily.
To wrap up this review of the best dog hair brooms, the top recommendation for hardwood floors and other hard surfaces is the TreeLen broom and dustpan set. Click here to check prices and availability.
The best broom for cleaning up dog hair on carpets, rugs, and fabric is the OXO Good Grips Carpet Rake. Click here to check prices and availability.
We love cleaning tips here at Pupster Passion… Yes, we love our dogs, but we are also house proud as well, and we love living in a nice clean home.
In the super short video (under one minute long), the dog Mom shows us her trick for using a rubber glove to lift dog hair out of fabric.
So if you really struggle to get the hair up from rugs, carpets, or upholstered furniture, you have to watch this video.
Little life hacks like this can save you so much time, energy, and hassle, giving you more time to enjoy your pet dogs!