First, we have a quick, time-saving summary of our review of the two most popular BarksBar dog beds:
|The Bed||Our Rating||Info and Pricing|
|Cozy, comfy and supportive. An excellent dog bed. Check Prices...|
|Ideal for dogs that love to stretch out their legs when they sleep. Check Prices...|
|The links in the chart go to Amazon. Star ratings are given by Pupster Passion based on research. They are independent of the star rating on Amazon.|
Next, we will look at each of these two beds in much closer detail.
We will list the Pros and Cons of each item, so you can get the best idea of which one might (or might not) be suitable for your pet dog.
BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Snuggly Sleeper Dog Bed
We gave this bed a score of 5 stars in our in-house rating system.
Why did we rate this dog bed so highly? Let’s take a closer look and find out:
- The BarksBar orthopedic dog bed has a flat mattress surrounded by a padded bolster cushion rim.
- This cushioned rim offers extra support and also gives the dog that den-like snuggly feeling as they curl up to sleep.
- The orthopedic memory foam in the bed’s main sleeping space ensures the dog’s joints are fully supported well up off the hard floor. This human-grade orthopedic foam support is especially important for the well-being of dogs with joint conditions like canine hip dysplasia or arthritis.
- The easy to clean, removable cover is made from polyester and is machine washable (on a gentle or delicate cycle and air dry).
- The removable cover can also be spot cleaned using stain removers, a great timer saver for the odd small area of dirt, or drool.
- The bed’s bottom is made from a non-slip rubber base, which is ideal for hardwood floors.
- It comes in three sizes: Small 26 x 20 x 10 inches, Medium 32 x 10 x 22 inches, or Large 40 x 10 x 30 inches (LxWxH).
- The large option can comfortably sleep a dog up to 100lbs in bodyweight.
- It seems odd to use that BarksBar only offers this bed in one color scheme. Obviously, it is not the end of the world, but we would love to see them offer it in with more choices.
- The biggest option still wouldn’t be big enough for giant breeds, so if you own a huge Mastiff or a Great Dane, then this bed would not be suitable for your dog.
BarksBar Comfy Classic Orthopedic Dog Bed
We gave this bed an in-house star rating review of 4.5 stars.
So we like it but not quite as much as the previous one (which we think best dog bed made by BarksBar).
Let’s find out what’s good and bad about this bed:
- A mattress style dog with soft bolster edging cushioning great for a pup that loves to spread its legs out when they sleep.
- This orthopedic dog bed is filled with human-grade orthopedic foam that supports the dog’s joints of the floor, eliminating any painful pressure points.
- On top of the orthopedic foam base is a memory foam pad for increased comfort and support.
- The removable machine washable cover is easy to take on and off (it can also be spot cleaned).
- Again, as with the previous option, this memory foam bed currently only comes in one color. Not a huge deal-breaker, but it would be nice to have more choice.
- We also would not recommend this bed for your dog if they have a habit of destructive chewing.
- It doesn’t have a non-slip slip rubber backing, so perhaps not ideal for wooden floors, especially if your dog has a tendency to drag their bed around your home.
To conclude this BarksBar orthopedic dog bed review, assuming you do not own a gigantic dog or a dog that thinks chewing bedding to pieces is the best fun in the world!
Then either of these two dog beds made by BarksBar would be a great option for you to choose.
Click here to check prices on the Snuggly Sleeper Memory Foam Dog Bed.
Or click this link to find out BarksBar Comfy Classic Dog Bed.
Some Info About the Brand
When reviewing specific dog bed brands, we always like to research the brand to see what we can find out.
With the Barksbar brand, the truth is that we couldn’t find out a whole lot about them.
We looked at dozens of customer reviews on various sites across the web, and while there are some negative reviews (there always is). Overall, most dog owners seem delighted with their dog beds.
But we would have liked to find more information such as are the dog beds made in the USA? How long has the brand been making pet products, etc?
Have a sick or injured pet? Maybe one that has had recent surgery? There are lots of reasons to buy an elevated camping cot style bed. And lucky for you, we have done a reviews page dedicated to the selection at Veehoo.
A Video to Finish Up This Post
We always like to finish each dog bed review with a useful video to help our readers if they are still unsure if a certain bed is perfect for their dogs.
Normally it’s really easy to find an interesting video to share, but for a bed made by Barksbar, this wasn’t that easy.
However, this video does give you a fairly good idea of how the beds might look in your home and how comfy it is.
So, that is it for this Barksbar orthopedic bed review post. We hope that it helps you to find the right bed for your pet dogs and helps to give them an excellent night’s sleep!
But if you’ve bought any bed from any brand and your dog refuses to sleep in it, you might want to check out our guide to give you some ideas of how to get them to go to their bed and actually sleep in it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit our site, and please feel free to take a good look around while you are here.
(You might find our main beds for dogs informational page really useful).